I want to pay for using Twitter
I am very fond of using Twitter and will be happy to pay for keeping the service as it is today.
Unfortunately, it seems as Twitter soon will be walking the path of so many other big web services, and try to make their primary revenue from displaying ads.
But consider this alternative future revenue stream for Twitter: Premium accounts.
There are many possible premium account features that would make me (and likely, many others) pay for using Twitter:
- No ads, or only few and carefully selected ads
- New accounts cannot follow premium accounts before they have proven not to be spam accounts. (and please, don’t show me @ mentions from new accounts)
- Priority access (fewer fail whales)
- Synchronized clients across platforms
- Conversation view
- Snooze feature, to apply when a person has a periodic tweet burst
- Filters (to clear out all mentions of Facebook, Google+, BitCoin and other spam)
- ... and so much more